Do you love your local arena? Have you ever thought about joining a local board? There are eight indoor ice arenas operated by a board of management in Toronto. These City boards were established as a means of engaging the local community in the decision making for managing these facilities. The eight arenas are:
- George Bell Arena (Ward 11)
- Larry Grossman Forest Hill Memorial Arena (Ward 16)
- Leaside Memorial Community Gardens Arena (Ward 26)
- McCormick Playground Arena (Ward 18)
- Moss Park Arena (Ward 27)
- North Toronto Memorial Arena (Ward 16)
- Ted Reeve Community Arena (Ward 32)
- William H. Bolton Arena (Ward 20)
The mandate of these arenas includes providing safe, full and equitable access to the arena’s recreational facilities, allocating the use of the facility in a fair and equitable manner while balancing financial needs, and developing proposed ice allocation schedules based on the applications received and consistent with the targets and requirements set-out by the City.
Being on a City board is a unique opportunity to contribute to your community, collaborate with others, and gain valuable skills and experience. If you are interested in serving on an arena board, please visit www.toronto.ca/ServeYourCity to learn more and apply online. To be considered for any of these current opportunities, your application must be submitted by 4:30 pm on Friday March 20th.