When first elected, Mayor Tory appointed the Task Force on Toronto Community Housing (TCH) to investigate and address the challenges faced by Toronto’s social housing provider. On July 15, 2015, the Task Force released its much anticipated interim report detailing issues facing North America’s second largest housing provider and suggesting possible solutions.
While the final report is not due until December 2015, below is a summary of areas that are covered by the interim report:
- Securing capital repair funding.
- Increasing safety and security.
- Improving building conditions.
- Providing jobs and opportunities for residents.
- More effective TCHC staff and contractor training.
- Creating a Resident Charter and tenant engagement.
- Hiring a Chief Operating Officer.
I encourage you to read the full report by visiting: http://tinyurl.com/qa29xvj.