During the Easter long weekend, the City of Toronto will offer many fun activities at its recreational facilities, attractions and historic sites. Here are some highlights of what will be open during the holiday long weekend:
- All five City-run golf courses will be open for business, weather permitting, and remain open throughout the holiday weekend. More information is available at http://www.toronto.ca/golf;
- Family attractions that are open during the long weekend: Riverdale Farm, Toronto Island Park and High Park Zoo;
- The City’s annual Easter flower shows will run from April 14 to May 14 at Centennial Park Conservatory and Allan Gardens Conservatory. Admission if free and open daily from 10am to 5pm. For more information, please visit http://www.toronto.ca/conservatories;
- Historic sites: Fort York National Historic Site and Spadina Museum will be open on Monday, April 17. More historic sites information is available at http://www.toronto.ca/museum-events;
- The Toronto Zoo will be open daily over the Easter long weekend. Visit http://www.torontozoo.com for operating hours.
Please note that recreation programs and services will operate as usual on Saturday, April 15 and Sunday April 16. There will not be any recreation programs or permits at parks and recreation facilities on Friday, April 14 (Good Friday) and Monday, April 17 (Easter Monday) – with the exception of scheduled tournament or league play at indoor arenas. You can contact your local community and recreation centre or visit http://www.toronto.ca/parks for more information.