The Youth in Policing, a joint partnership between the Toronto Police Service, the Toronto Police Service Board and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services has begun recruiting for their 2018 Summer program! It is a paid position that employs students between the ages of 15-18 years within Neighbourhood Improvement Areas. The youth will get a chance to work within various units and divisions, have the opportunity to see daily police operations from an internal perspective.
Applications will be accepted online at www.torontopolice.on.ca/yipi until Monday, February 5th, 2018 with the following eligibility,
- Must be a student between the ages of 15-18 years as of July 3, 2018
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be attending school
- Must not have previously participated in any YIPI program
- Must be successful through the employment security clearance process
- Must be able to work weekends
- Family members of current and retired Toronto Police Service personnel are ineligible to participate in the program
For more information, visit www.torontopolice.on.ca/yipi.